Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Want My Gold Star Now, Please...

Today will make three days in row with a new post.  Yea!  

I was challenged by Thu over on her blog to get a post up again today.  She promised me a "gold star" if I did, hence the name of today's post.  Thu, I'll be waiting.

BTW... check out her blog, she has great style!

With that said, I am not sure when I will get another one up but hopefully soon.

You see, I just found out that our client presentation from back just before Thanksgiving was accepted in full... Yes!  We (read me) will be quite busy the next few weeks as we pull all of the details together.  I don't mind busy, especially given the state of things for so many people.  Enough... onto today's attire...

I had so much fun yesterday twirling around in my tulip skirt that I decided to go decidedly "girlie" again today.  My frilly blue sheer blouse would be just the right place to start.  Don't worry, there is a camisol so I didn't reveal too much at the office.  Hee Hee

The blouse...

Isn't it just so "girlie"?  I love the frilly neck line and the sheer material.  I don't actually feel like twirling while wearing this blouse but there is a bit of a bounce in my step.  A little extra sway... step aside boys... there is a girl in the hallway.  Hee Hee

Do you have anything in your closet that makes you feel that way?


I decided to pair the blouse with a simple khaki skirt as I just didn't want there to be any added distractions.  I wanted to the blouse to be able to speak for itself.  You know what I mean?

Notice... I am not tucked in.  You will not see this often.  What can I say, I like "clean lines" so I actually feel a little sloppy, somewhat "unfinished" when my tops are not tucked.  I know, I am a little weird.  This is one of my few blouses that really doesn't lend itself to being tucked but I like it too much not to wear it anyway.    

How about you?  Do you prefer to wear a blouse tucked or not?  Does it even matter?

To finish off today's ensemble I opted for the coolest shoes in my closet.  Okay, so I say that about lots of my shoes but I guess that's good, huh?  A girl has got to be happy with her collection of shoes, right?  Anyway...


What do you think?  Aren't they just the sharpest blue heels you have ever seen?

I just LOVE them but they rarely see the light of day because they are blue.  I have a "thing" for "matchy - matchy" so if I am not wearing something like this blouse they will most likely get passed over for something else.  Hey, I am who I am.  Hee Hee

So the final ensemble came together like this...


So what do you think?  Does it say, "I am all girl but I am also a serious business woman?"

Hope You Have A Great Day

- The Leather Skirt -

10 comments:

  1. You get THREE gold stars! I love Thu, she's a doll. And I super love your outfit! That top and those shoes are dreamy. I love the shade of blue and know it looked great on you. I think everybody should at least have one feel good outfit. Great post and Congratulations with the job. I think that is wonderful. Have an awesome evening! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jordan those shoes are to DIE for!! I love them - and they are perfect with the blouse.

    You have such great style!
    xoxo
    CK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright blue clothes always put a little extra bounce in my step. Love those vintage-like shoes. Thanks for all of the sweet comments. Hope you visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, 3 days in a row huh? OK I want to see you in the outfit you took a photo of please???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color and texture of that blouse! I love those unique blue shoes. I am with Bessie on this, you should model for us! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the sharpest shoes! Love the color and detail on them!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. *´¨`**´¨`*YAY*´¨`**´¨`*

    KUDOS on 3 posts in a row AND for a gorgeous outfit. That blue top is gorgeous, I love it paired with a beige skirt, gives it such a chic and glam look. Don't work too hard now my dear, save your energy for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shade of blue is stunning! I bet it looks great on you.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that blouse dear!!
    thanks for your comment and folow you=)
    kisses pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the shoes are great!!!
    xoxo, saskia

    ReplyDelete