Friday, October 19, 2012

Shocker...

You did not think I even owed a pair of slacks, did you?

I do own a few... I just rarely wear them.

I really am a committed member (maybe the only member... Hee Hee) of the "Community of Girls Who Love Skirts."  I just wasn't "felling it" today so out came these gray slacks.

Probably partly because it is Friday?

Since I decided to pull out a pair of slacks for work today I decided some color would be an absolute MUST.

Enter this wonderful purple turtleneck sweater.

This baby is so old that I could not even begin to try and guess where I got it.  Honestly, I think that makes for some of the best sweaters. 

Well worn.  Soft.  "Broken in."

What do you think?




Just to keep the "color theme" going I opted for my purple heels.

Unfortunately, this is the last time you will see them.

Broke the heel getting out of the car when I got home today.

Ugh!!! 

They were cute though?  Huh?

Okay, so now that your surprise has worn off a bit... just imagine my co-workers when I walked in this morning.  Hee Hee

I thought that my boss was going to flip!

She actually called me into her office as soon as she saw me.  She was concerned that I was not feeling very well.  Sweet.  Funny... but sweet.

I did just get over pneumonia AND I never wear anything but a skirt so I guess it was a reasonable question, huh?

Isn't funny how you can set a certain "expectation" in your appearance... good or bad?  Any deviation from that "standard" seems to attract attention.  I just think it's funny.  Hardly harmful... just funny.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...

-- The Leather Skirt -- 

9 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for never wearing pants -- I'm definitely in a skirt mood lately. They are just so cute!!

    Alison
    Www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, I love this story and its so true that we set certrain expectation in our appearance. Too bad that lovely purple heel is broken, you can't get it fixed?

    Have a lovely weekend :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate wearing slacks--definitely a dress/skirt girl! They are much more comfortable! You should definitely try to fix your fabulous purple heels!
    xoxo Darby
    Obviously Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol :) We all have things that shock others in our closets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog dear!
    Have a nice day.

    xoxo

    http://eleganceofluxury.blogspot.it/2012/09/20122013-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha too funny! I rarely wear pants either!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I love old sweaters!

    Xo, Rachel
    Glitzy Blues

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't worn pants in four years!

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete