Saturday, October 26, 2013

Not Sure I Like These...

Saturday is generally errand day.  Groceries.  Dry cleaner.  Miscellaneous little chores.

I imagine that anyone reading this blog understands.

However, I am not your typical girl.

I just don't run around in sweats or even jeans.

That just is not my style.

The girls out and about in their PJ's really confuse me.

I like being "dressed up" very much. I like it so much that I don't even consider myself "dressed up" most of the time.

This is just how I dress.

In my mind, "dressed up" is a cocktail dress and strappy heels, not a simple pencil skirt, a nice top and heels. 

During the cooler months of the year my "Saturday Uniform" is often my leather pants and a sweater.  I like it because it is easy yet still sharp.  In my mind, there is not a better casual/chic combination.

However, I am a long time member of the Community Of Girls That Love Skirts, too.  Anyone who reads my blog regularly knows this to be true.  I am poet but I didn't know it.  Hee Hee

I am a new but committed member of the Society Of High Heel Lovers, as well.  I don't wear high heels every day but my collection is growing and... I love wearing them.

Those memberships do not stop on Saturday, they just don't.

Sooo...

For today's ensemble I started with my favored black leather skirt from North Beach Leather...


Just to soften things up a bit I opted for my pink oxford.


A match made in heaven.


I really do think they go well together.

How about you?


This is what I am not so sure I was happy with as the day progressed.

Did these do my outfit justice or should I have gone with a pair of tall boots?  Perhaps even my high heels?


I do think these shoes are cute.  I must, I bought them.  I am just not sure they worked at all in this ensemble.

I think the high heels would have been "too dressy" for errands although I am hardly above being "too dressy"... Hee Hee.

The boots are my standard when I wear my leather skirts this time of the year.  I just wanted to try something different today.  

I am just not convinced that the shoes worked at all.

Here is the whole ensemble.



What do you think?

Hope Your Day Was Fabulous!

-- The Leather Skirt --

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Leather is so in isnt it! Love the shoes!

    Love Nilu Yuleena,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice silk button down paired with a leather skirt is my ideal combo, love it :-)

    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete