Saturday, October 19, 2013

OOTD: Soccer Saturday...

My niece and nephew have invited me to their soccer games today.


I will be the first to admit, I really do not know much about the game.

The kids seem to enjoy playing so I suppose that is all that matters.

However, I must confess... it really is not my favorite thing to do on a Saturday.

I go because they like Aunt Jordan to be there.

However, the day will be nice despite the soccer.

Hee Hee

You see, the first game is early in the morning and the second game is not until after lunch.  In between, brunch with Sis and her kids.  Now that is my idea of a relaxing Saturday morning.

Hee Hee

So how does a confessed member of the Community of Girls Who Love Skirts deal with such a day?

By wearing slacks... of course...


Breath... just breath... I know it is a switch.

I will not except liability for any medical bills associated with heart failure or the like caused by today's wardrobe choice.

Hee Hee

This ensemble is certainly "casual" for me but it seemed appropriate.

I have been to the games in a skirt and heels before but today I thought that I would be a little more low key.

There is a chill in the air this morning.  A real chill in the air.  Brrr...

It is shaping up to be a glorious fall day in Texas.


In order to compensate for the rather subdud nature of the slacks and the top, I opted to go with some color and chic texture.  I think this wonderful burgundy leather blazer makes things a little more interesting.





What do you think?


I think the jacket really pulls out the color in the pinstripe pattern on these slacks, too.

Win. Win.

Add in these cute little burgundy'ish short boots and I think I have come up with an ensemble that I will be happy with for the day.



So... Did The Leather Skirt do well for a chilly day of soccer?

Hope the kids win!

Have A Wonderful Saturday!

-- The Leather Skirt --

No comments:

Post a Comment